Tuesday 22 September 2015

US actor Ryan Reynolds reveals how his best friend of 25 years betrayed him

Ryan Reynolds, new dad spokesperson, has been very open about how fatherhood has changed him. "I have this stupid grin on my face all the time," he told GQ in its October issue. "And that's not because I have a nanny or something like that. It's just us [Ryan and wife Blake Lively] right now, and I love it."
He's become more inventive: Though James' first word was mama, Reynolds explained to Jimmy Fallon, it's actually not Blake's victory. "You know what my wife doesn't realize? She calls me mama, too. I have to sit down and tell [James] penises don't work that way." 
But there's a dark side to celebrity parenthood, too. A friend of 25 years used his access to baby James to backstab Reynolds. "A guy that I'd known for my whole life, one of my closest friends growing up, he had been shopping pictures of my baby around," the actor said in GQ. "I kind of got in front of it, which is good. But it was a slightly dark period. A bad couple of weeks."
The betrayal was "like a death. It was like one of those devastating things to find out." The friend had done it for the money: "I don't think he thought he would ever be caught. But it's a pretty narrow group of people that I would send photos like that to. They're just, like, my closest family and my closest friends: 'Here's us in the delivery room!'"
"It was, like, so kind of shocking. There isn't really a conversation to have. It's just, 'Oh, well, now I'm never going to see you or talk to you again, unfortunately.' That's kind of how it worked out."

ELLE